A new Income tax E-filing portal www.incometax.gov.in is going to be launched on 7 June 2021. The transition phase is scheduled between 1st June 2021 to 6th June 2021. the existing portal of the department https://www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/home will not be available to taxpayers as well as to departmental officers during the transition phase.
Officers in Field can interact with taxpayers using E -Proceedings over the E-filing Portal or NeAC/NFAC for the following
- Issue of Notices, SCN, and getting a response to various E-Proceedings
- Conducting Video Conferencing or adjournments
- Issuing Questionnaire, Summon, Letters Etc.
- Responding to E-Nivaran or Outstanding Tax Demand
- Communicating Final Order in Assessment, Appeals, Exemptions, Penalties etc.